Re: Looking for a how-to type battle plan for 2 physical subnets and an openvpn tunnel.

My approach to this:

Internet
!
!
+-----+
!     !
!     !
eth0  tun0
!     !
!     ???
!
+--eth1 (administration/teachers)
!
!
+
eth2 (lab)

Sorry for don't put in the diagram the allowed access for the roadwarriors.

-> "Without ipmasq there is no name based browsing at all" and "VPN happy but no browsing"

The OpenVPN client configuration is telling to the clients use another DNS servers than the configured in the gateways? If the answer is true, your firewall rules takes in consideration that kind of traffic?

Are you speaking about local network navigation using WINS or DNS resolution browsing the Internet?

To figure out better the situation you must put the result of:

ip r
ip a
iptables -L -nvx

And, additionally you must ask about the OpenVPN issues in the OpenVPN mailing list.

May this help you,

Jorge.

On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:35:10 -0700