Re: how do I set the MAC address in POSTROUTING?

sean a écrit :

The internet routers just look at the ip address, so I wouldn't think they'd strip out the MAC address, do they?

Routers *do* strip the source and destination MAC addresses (and any other layer 2 specific information) when forwarding an IP packet. If applicable, the source MAC address is replaced by the MAC address of the router output interface and the destination MAC address is replaced by the next hop interface MAC address. That's what I meant when saying that layer 2 information is not routed.