Re: hi all

On Mon, October 16, 2006 14:24, Alberto Negri wrote:
> LOG_LEVEL=1 :D
>

> The most difficult thing speaking with expert linux user is setup the right
> log_level :D (when you don't post infos other says you: "post same
> datails...how do you think we can help you without them?", when you post too
> many datails...) Anyway thanks for your replay, Rob! ;)

In fact I wasn't really helping you and for my answer the information was not
relevant; also, your problem didn't go away (yet?). :-)
I was responding to what people suggested and I suggest that if you're having
a problem using iptables-[save|restore] you can write a script that works for
you.

> So debug of those tools will be neglected?

I don't know if it is. (Can't imagine, but this is a user list; not developer)

> P.S.: the point was not to make my firewall working...the point is
> understanding why those tools does not work. ;) but if that does not interest
> at netfilter mailing list...

Well, I'm not using it so no: I'm not really that interested. But others may
be. ;-)
The latest version of iptables is 1.3.6. Since you're using 1.3.5, the latest
version may solve your problem with iptables-[save|restore].

Grts,
Rob