Re: hi all

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:51:57 +0200 (CEST)
"Rob Sterenborg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In fact I wasn't really helping you and for my answer the information was not
> relevant; also, your problem didn't go away (yet?). :-)
> I was responding to what people suggested and I suggest that if you're having
> a problem using iptables-[save|restore] you can write a script that works for
> you.

Really i has no problem...as like you suggesed me(the same suggestion of Taube) i wrote a
scritp. I was interested in helping netfilter comunity...as "i has a bug" (not sure ;) ).

> > So debug of those tools will be neglected?
>
> I don't know if it is. (Can't imagine, but this is a user list; not developer)

You're right...but before spam into devel ml, i decided to spam here :D
Hearing some expert user is always better ;)

> > P.S.: the point was not to make my firewall working...the point is
> > understanding why those tools does not work. ;) but if that does not interest
> > at netfilter mailing list...
>
> Well, I'm not using it so no: I'm not really that interested. But others may
> be. ;-)
> The latest version of iptables is 1.3.6. Since you're using 1.3.5, the latest
> version may solve your problem with iptables-[save|restore].

Ok...but before i'll see changelog ;)

Do you think that this problem could be interesting for developers?
Is there some way to let it see at some devel before posting (and probably spamming) on devel
mailing list?

> Grts,
> Rob

thanks and bye