Re: Countermeasures for SYN flood and DDoS attacks

Hi,
take a look
http://www.cyberciti.biz/nixcraft/vivek/blogger/2005/06/linux-iptables-7-how-to-limit-number.html

Regards

Elvir K.

PS: I think it is next to impossible to wtite a rule
to protect firewall by ddos attacks, you can make some
ruels to make your host bahave good under attacks, but
it is not solution, because there is not a way to
block, say 10000 hosts to send icmp messages to you.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-355411.html

http://forums.devshed.com/security-and-cryptography-17/iptables-syn-flood-rule-for-a-busy-webserver-277224.html

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features