DNAT doesn't work

Hi everybody!

I'm more or less new to netfilter / iptables; so I've got a question about DNAT.

My problem is, that my DNAT won't work. I want to reroute http-pakets
to server X to my own server running on localhost.

The first command I tried was the following:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d [IP OF X] --dport 80 -j
DNAT --to-destination 127.0.0.1:80

The new rule seems to be added correctly to the nat-table:

iptables -t nat --list
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
DNAT       tcp  --  anywhere             X tcp dpt:http to:127.0.0.1:80

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

But: There is no effect. When I try to open a page hostet on X, the
page loads from X, not from localhost...

So I tried

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d [IP OF X] --dport 80 -j REDIRECT

No effect, too

Could anybody tell me, what I'm doing wrong?
I'm using Suse Linux 10.0

Regards,
Holger