Re: Hardly loaded machines and iptables? Your experiences?

Le samedi 02 septembre 2006 à 10:48 -0700, Elvir Kuric a écrit :
> Hi all,
> How that works in  environment with many
> reqestes to servers in the LAN, I mean about 10000
> request per day?

Per day are you sure ? or do you mean per second ? ;-)
10000 per day is completly out of scale compare to heavy loaded
firewall.

> Have you experience about this topic.

Netfilter benchark document by kdlec is really good:
http://people.netfilter.org/kadlec/nftest.pdf

> What do you think is solution based on iptables enough
> secure for mission critical cases? I just need your
> frank opinion.

Clearly yes.

Don't forget that most of the firewall vendors (checkpoint for example)
uses linux as OS. And almost all UTM are Linux/netfilter based.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <eric@xxxxxx>