repeated failed logons and ignoring them

over the last few days, my server has been attacked. i would
like to limit remote logon attempts by address so that if
someone tries to logon from an ip address and fails 3 times,
my computer will ignore repeated attempts from that ip
address. any idea how to make a rule for this?

tia

tyche
--
Win9x

A 32 bit extention
to a 16 bit patch
for a 8 bit operating system
on a 4 bit machine
by a 2 bit company
that cant stand 1 bit of competition

    This Email is powered by ICA Canada OnLine
         http://www.icacanadaonline.com