Re: Login load balancing

Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:34:52 -0700, Drew wrote in message
> <445100BC.1080907@xxxxxxx>:
>
>>> ..check out sdm and sdm-terminal, if you wanna provide X logins over
>>> ssh, the user sees a menu to choose from and you should be able to
>>> "pile up the good boxes" on top of that menu listing:
>> Interesting, and I might find this useful elsewhere, but for this
>> issue I need to support console logins as well.
>
> ..and this can't?  At the very least you should be able to offer console
> logins from the sdm-terminal X menu, and then there's offering a console
> menu from /etc/inittab instead of /bin/bash or whatever you guys use.

I'm not sure I understand, but you seem to be suggesting a way by which I
could use a console window in X.  As a base case, I have to support somebody
connecting with a vt100 and a 9600 baud modem.  This solution needs to be
completely independent of X.

Thanks,
Drew.

--
Drew Leske :: Systems Group/Unix, Computing Services, University of Victoria
  dleske@xxxxxxx / +1250 472 5055 (office) / +1250 588 4311 (cel)