Re: Login load balancing

michael@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Drew Leske wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately we don't control the DNS--another group here has
>> responsibility for that.  I'll chat with them and see if they have
>> provision
>> for remote updates.
>
> There is another possibility you could consider. Instead of having them
> enable remote updates, get them to delegate a new zone for you.
>
> All you would need to do then is setup some bind servers. You would then
> have direct access to update the A records.

I considered that, but then I'm implementing a service provided by experts
in another group.  (I provide a BIND server internally for our cluster, but
not one with public access.)  This is, shall we say, "discouraged" (for good
reason--it's one more thing to be an expert in and we've already got experts
elsewhere).

Thanks!
Drew.

--
Drew Leske :: Systems Group/Unix, Computing Services, University of Victoria
  dleske@xxxxxxx / +1250 472 5055 (office) / +1250 588 4311 (cel)