Re: Login load balancing

Hi Carl,

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> what about using a DNS CNAME for bob to bob[368]? If you set the
> TTL low enough and update your DNS server with the latest data
> from your SNMP agents continuously, you will achieve exactly what
> you want without any iptables trickery.
> Such a solution is running here and it works fine.

That's an interesting solution.  I like it.

Unfortunately we don't control the DNS--another group here has
responsibility for that.  I'll chat with them and see if they have provision
for remote updates.

Thanks,
Drew.

--
Drew Leske :: Systems Group/Unix, Computing Services, University of Victoria
  dleske@xxxxxxx / +1250 472 5055 (office) / +1250 588 4311 (cel)