RE: SNAT vs MASQUERADE ... RE: ftp conntrack - nat problem

:)

> I think one benefit of SNAT is
> that a SNAT'ed TCP connection can survive a router reset. That's
> important to me, because sometimes I leave ssh sessions open for weeks
> at a time.

I just switched from the SNAT to the MASQUERADE target and so far (knock on wood - my head in this case!) I haven't seen an issue with router resets.

I'm very curious to know if there are any differences (aside from knowing the IP ahead of time versus not).

Cheers,
-pablo