Re: NetBIOS dgm NAT Helper

On 9/17/05, John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 14:01 +0200, Rafa Garrido wrote:> > On 9/17/05, John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > > Thank you but I don't think this helps.  It looks like it is for the> > > name service rather than the datagram service.  I would think such a> > > help would need to rewrite the embedded IP in the NetBIOS header and> > > recalculate any checksumming - John> >> > Sorry, have you tested this module?> > http://suif.stanford.edu/~csapuntz/ip_nat_netbios.c> > The only thing is that this module don't consider if it is a NetBios> > package or no, assumes that if it comes from udp-port 138 is a NetBios> > package.> >> <snip>> Thanks.  That looks like what we need.  What is its status within> netfilter? Is it being considered for inclusion? Is it available with> netfilter's blessing and support or is it just something that someone> put together for their own needs but is unmaintained and unsupported?> Thanks again - John
Hi John, this module is outside netfilter, and the only support is byits author.Greetings