more limiting fun

Ok, I've done some fiddling but still have some issues. I went with some
recommendations on what people said and here's what I have. The first
three rules of my startup set are as follows:

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 22 -m state \
  --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --destination-port 22 -m limit \
--limit 15/hour --limit-burst 5

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --destination-port 22 -j DROP

This places (as directed), the established-accept rule first, my limit
preferences second, and the drop last.

The problem is that it still does exactly what it did before, namely that
it doesn't respond at all once those rules are in place. Anyone have an
idea what's going on? I know my ssh port isn't getting hammered THAT hard.

<EOL>
Tib