RELATED ICMP packets of type 3

Hello everybody,

I have written an iptables script to protect a machine/LAN
and I'd like to clarify an issue about RELATED ICMP packets
of type 3 (actually, mostly 3/1).

As far as I understand, it is safe to ACCEPT incoming
packets of this sort.
Is it safe to allow _outgoing_ packets of this kind?
Can an attacker make my machine generate such packets
in order to obtain information about it?  (All new
incoming packets are just DROPped.)

TIA,

Mikhail