Re: ip_conntrack limit && stateless firewalls

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:49:40 -0500, Kevin Van Workum <vanw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm having a problem with my firewall where packets are being dropped due
> to the ip_conntrack limit. I could up the limit, but my users need 30k+
> connections simultaneously and with the minimum overhead. And I only have
> 1 firewall box. So I'd like to disable or by-pass ip_conntrack some how to
> avoid dropped packets and reduce over head. How can I do this, and more
> importantly, would it be helpful.

You can use the NOTRACK target on the traffic that is causing the
problem (which will disable using ip_conntrack on that traffic), or
you can decompile conntrack altogether. The latter would basically
make the firewall stateless. man iptables for more info on using
NOTRACK.

--
[ Tobias DiPasquale ]
0x636f6465736c696e67657240676d61696c2e636f6d