RE: Multiple IPSEC VPNs through a firewall based on 2.4.2X kernel

> Thanks Jason.
>
> > enable IKE over TCP on the clients and UDP encapsulation.
> > this is not a problem with netfilter, but with multiple
> >  IPSec clients behind *any* NAT = device.
>
> Perhaps some additional info needs to be added about my configuration.
> I need to use standard Cisco Linux clients, as this is for people
> visiting (with their laptops and standard VPN setup for remote access)
> and wanting to get to their (Cisco) server.  In fact, it could be more
> than one ipsec server at some time in the future.  I definitely need to
> use a Cisco VPN gateway (can't use FreeSwan), I cannot have a single vpn
> client from the Linux router device as the requirement is for multiple
> clients behind this device.  The Cisco gateway and Win 2k client can set
> up a connection through a NAT router, we have tried this with a Netgear
> device.  So I thought the issue was similar to pptp vpn pass-through for
> multiple clients (i.e. a patch for the kernel/iptables was the way to
> go), hence the question.
>
> Kind regards, Roksana

the standard cisco vpn client for linux supports IKE over TCP & UDP/TCP tunneling of IPSec traffic--read the admin guide for details.  the settings are something like:

  EnableNat=1
  TunnelingMode=0
  TcpTunnelingPort=10000

the easiest way to do this is just take the .pcf file from a working windows client and copy it to your linux client.  this is getting pretty OT...

-j