RE: Multiple IPSEC VPNs through a firewall based on 2.4.2X kernel

Thanks for the clarification.  Does the Cisco Linux client support any
form of NAT Traversal? If it does, that is the way to go.  The
documentation should tell you what you will need to open on your
firewall.  If not, you can try tracing using Ethereal and see what
protocols and ports it uses.

If it does not support NAT-T, then I think your only option is to assign
fixed IP addresses :-(  Perhaps you can isolate an IP subnet they use
(not a bad idea as per the paragraph below) and use the NETMAP target
from pom.

This ability for visitors to attach to their own networks does sound a
bit dangerous.  Is the company management aware that there is the
possibility that someone on the other side of those visiting VPN tunnels
could use the visiting station as an access point to your internal
network? Of course, someone may have addressed that and isolated the
points from which visitors can connect to their own WAN.  Take care -
John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer