Re: dnat problem in transparent firewall

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 8:10 am, Raido Kurel wrote:

> > Do you have a FORWARD rule allowing packets through to aaa.aaa.aaa.13
> > after they've been NATted?
>
> Yes.
> Also packets from Internet to aaa.aaa.aaa.13 reach destination.
> I am more worried about fact, that
> -t nat -A PREROUTING -j DNAT ...
> and then
> -t nat -A PREROUTING -j LOG ...
> does not log anything. Without the first rule logging works.

That's because the DNAT target does not return to the chain.   The LOG target
is almost the only target I can think of which *does* return back to the
chain for further processing - all other targets are the "final outcome" for
the packet.

Put the two rules the other way round and you'll get both LOGging and
DNATting.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Most people are aware that the Universe is big.

 - Paul Davies, Professor of Theoretical Physics

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.