Re: dnat problem in transparent firewall

> That's because the DNAT target does not return to the chain.   The LOG
> target is almost the only target I can think of which *does* return back to
> the chain for further processing - all other targets are the "final
> outcome" for the packet.
>
> Put the two rules the other way round and you'll get both LOGging and
> DNATting.

Thanks, I have been missed that. Now I can ask my question in other words:

I presume, that http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/br_fw_ia/PacketFlow.png is
correct.

According to this picture, my packets should flow in lowest path.
To be sure it is so, I have made rules to log incoming packet in 3 points:
a)iptables nat table prerouting chain
b)ebtables filter table forward chain
c)iptables mangle table forward chain
d)ebtables filter table input chain

I try to connect fron Internet to aaa.aaa.aaa.12

In case of rule:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d aaa.aaa.aaa.12 -j DNAT --to-dest
aaa.aaa.aaa.13

I see packet only in point a)

In case of no rule or rule
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d aaa.aaa.aaa.12 -j DNAT --to-dest
aaa.aaa.aaa.12

I see packet in a), b) and c) points.

I see also packet in a), b) and c) points if I connect from internet to
aaa.aaa.aaa.13

It's just like DNAT rule drops packet, but it can't be, because DNAT to the
same address works fine. I know I have missed something important, but what
could it be?

Raido