Proxy-arp & DHCP conflict

Hello,

I'm setting the proxy-arp ,but comes a problem:

My understanding to set the proxy-arp is simply enable the function in
Kernel.
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/{interface}/proxy_arp
and then add routings.It surely worked well.

But if I have a server running DHCP in the same LAN,it(proxy-arp server)
failed ,something like I can't type any words in console or slow down the
action that i do.After unplugging  the wire ,it worked again.

So now i must type the following command manually
arp -Ds {IP} eth0 pub

Does anyone know what's happened?

Thnaks!

Lo