Some more IPSec - IPTables issues?

Hi all,

I have a similar question about the combination Netfilter and in-kernel
IPSec. Most of the discussion about this combination is focussed on
filtering incomming and/or outgoing traffic, both encrypted and
decrypted. But my issue is about SNAT. I've googled around for an
answer, but beside some people mentioning the problem I have not found a
proper solution, yet.

The problem is about SNAT'ing traffic originating in the LAN, and being
send out a IPSec tunnel at the gateway-router. With the current
implementation of both IPSec and Netfilter this doesn't work, because
POSTROUTING is applied only after the SPD gets a chance to decide on the
pakket.

Can anybody give some hints or inside on this subject? Is there a known
work-around or a road-map to a solution?

I need this functionality to be able to create a VPN-tunnel between to
networks, one of which is behind a dynamic IP-address. I have a working
solution by (dirty)-hacking Racoon, but that hack is unmaintainable.

What I like to build looks like this:

Where host B has a dynamic IP-Address. The network behind B should be
able to enter network A, but the IPSec tunnel will only see a
road-warrior host B:

Thanks in advanced,

Ludo Stellingwerff.