Re: Need help with rate-limiting NTTP traffic

Antony Stone <Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-04-01 09:16]:
> What are you using as your NNTP server?   If it's INN, I'm pretty sure
> that has its own rate-limiting mechanism as a configuration parameter,
> and you'd be better off doing rate limiting in the application itself
> if it's at all possible.

	I'm not serving NNTP, I'm just constantly connected to an NNTP server
using Pan.  I should have made that more clear in my e-mail.  There
aren't any bandwidth controls in Pan, that I could see, and it
will happily stomp over all my other traffic.  It was extremely easy to
limit only my nntp traffic (that is, traffic coming into my network with
a source port of 119) in Dummynet.  Can anyone offer ideas with tc and
netfilter?

Shane

--
Shane Hickey <shane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Network/System Consultant