Re: Network Diagraming Tool

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
ons, 31.03.2004 kl. 01.49 skrev Daniel Chemko:

Hey, no need to start a flame and all. I personally use Visio as the
corporate standard, and it does the job. I'd use a free equiv if it was
pretty good and I was allowed to at work, but as it stands, I'm a Linux
admin who uses Visio! :-)

Wouldn't it be cool to see a network diagram document record its change
history from when the company started to what it stands today? That'd be
a nice feature. Hell, I'd play it as my screensaver! Expecially the
security-through-obscurity parts...

Tried dia - http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia ? I'm a RedHat person,
can use the 0.91 rpm (suppose it's from Fedora?) but though the 0.92
source compiles, the compiled stuff won't run on my RHEL3 rig.

Why do people not look for packages first? Anyway I usually start here: http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/mega-merge.php Specifically dia is here: http://dag.wieers.com/packages/dia/

Pádraig.

p.s. The default dia with fedora core 1 doesn't have
all the nice new network shapes.