Re: Not forwarding?

On Sunday 28 March 2004 9:59 pm, Cody Harris wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:48:46 Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > 1. Is any other protocol being forwarded correctly?
>
> I'm only forwarding tcp, i don't know what the deal is with ICMP.

Yes, I meant any protocol like HTTP, SMTP, POP3....?

Another way of wording my question: "Is SSH failing where other things work,
or is SSH failing the same as everything else?"

> > 2. What does "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" return?
>
> 1

That's good.

> > 3. What do you mean by "properly"?   Does ssh work at all?  Sometimes?
> > From some machines?   Only for a certain time, then stops?   What?
>
> It logs into my firewall. We've tested that by creating "phoneyuser" on the
> firewall and logging in as that.

So what's the answer to question 5?

> > 4. Sorry for the way my mailer has mangled your rules, however please
> > post the output from "iptables -L FORWARD -nvx" (the v is important as it
> > shows the interface data which is not in the standard listing output).
> >
> > 5. How are you testing the setup?

Regards,

Antony.

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
difference, whereas in practice there is.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.