Re: Not forwarding?

On Sunday 28 March 2004 8:52 pm, Cody Harris wrote:

> Here's my setup:
> My filewall has eth0 and eth1. 0 is ethe net and 1 is my ssh box. Eth0 is
> 10.30.7.147 and Eth1 is 192.168.0.1...Eth1 is connected to Eth0 on the
> other box...192.168.0.2.
>
> We have found out ssh isn't forwarding properly. What's the deal?

1. Is any other protocol being forwarded correctly?

2. What does "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" return?

3. What do you mean by "properly"?   Does ssh work at all?  Sometimes?   From
some machines?   Only for a certain time, then stops?   What?

> This is my firewall setup:
>
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
> ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp echo-reply
> ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp
> destination-unreachable ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
>         icmp redirect ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
>       icmp echo-request ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
>         icmp time-exceeded ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere
> 192.168.0.2        tcp dpt:ssh

4. Sorry for the way my mailer has mangled your rules, however please post the
output from "iptables -L FORWARD -nvx" (the v is important as it shows the
interface data which is not in the standard listing output).

5. How are you testing the setup?

Regards,

Antony.

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.