Re: Logging

> I have done some googling however did not manage to find out if there is
> a way to define a file where iptables writes its logs.

In UNIX, the 'syslog' interface uses two parameters for any information
logged:

The logging facility
The logging level

I believe the facility is fixed to kernel, but the level can be changed.
Corresponding to that is the configuration in syslog.conf

Another useful thing is --log-prefix in the iptables command, which lets
you output a descriptive log prefix. You can then script your own log
placement, using grep or something.

--
forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx