Logging

Hello!

I have done some googling however did not manage to find out if there
is a way to define a file where iptables writes its logs.

As I read in the man the file where the logs are written is the kernel
log i.e. /var/log/messages

is there a way to send this output to another file in order to keep the
logs clean?

regards,
	Mario Udina
--
i would like to die as my gradfather did, quietly in his sleep
and not in panic and disbelief as the passengers of his bus.