Re: Logging

* Mario Udina <m.udina@xxxxxxxxx> 15. Mar 04:
> Hello!

Hi,

> As I read in the man the file where the logs are written is the kernel
> log i.e. /var/log/messages

Maybe, by default.

> is there a way to send this output to another file in order to keep the
> logs clean?

This is not possible with iptables or netfilter.  You want to read the
man page of your sysklogd, especially of syslog.conf.  You can specify
priority in a rule.   Maybe you want to use another syslogger (syslog-ng
provides file redirect on patterns, AFAIK, would be usefull with the
--log-prefix option.).

HTH,
 regards, Frank.
--