Re: Trying to use NETMAP for 1-1 NAT

On Monday 15 March 2004 4:13 am, Alexander Samad wrote:

> Okay, my answer is not really a netfiler answer, but why not run an
> IPSEC tunnel between each site and then route over the ipsec tunnel.

Even simpler to setup, and maybe adequate for the task, would be a plain IP in
IP tunnel (see http://lartc.org for details).   It doesn't have the security
of an IPsec tunnel, but then neither does the nat solution which Nick is
trying to get working in the first place.

I think an IP tunnel would be a 'cleaner' network arrangement than lots of nat
around the place, but the choice is yours, of course.

Regards,

Antony.