Re: question about pptp connection tracking

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:04:56PM -0900, Matthew Schumacher wrote:
> Confirmed, compiling the pptp-conntrack-nat patch as modules and not
> it to break.  Since iptables doesn't seem to be dropping packets I'm
> assuming that either (1) I have not configured iptables correctly, (2) I
> have found a bug, or (3) this module isn't supposed to work that way.

*sigh*.  How often do I have to state this on the mailinglist:

a) which exact kernel version are you running? Plain source from
kernel.org, vendor sources?
b) which patches [apart from pptp] from what version_ of patch-o-matic
did you apply?

Do you have any idea how much changes there are in pom and the kernel
over time?  How can I guess whcih particular combination you are
running, and which potential bugs have been solved since then?

> >I'm using pptp-conntrack-nat from pom 20030912.

that's most likely the problem.   please try using a more recent version
(latest cvs snapshot or even CVS).

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/