Re: (no subject)

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 9:31 pm, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:

> zynkx wrote:
> >hi again Antony:
> >
> >you just said it all. no use for me to add not even
> >one line to what you just wrotte :))
> >
> >now if anyone has got those masks i would appreciate
> >it :))
> >
> >tanx again and sorry for this mess ;)))
>
> zynkx:
>
> If your mail server is running qmail, then your best bet is to read the
> qmail documentation and learn how to apply filters for the mail server.
> If you do use iptables, you will need to create a FORWARD rule to allow
> mail from each of the smtp servers that Ramin listed. Since any message
> from a Yahoo or Hotmail account will be sent from one of those servers
> you don't *have* to know every ip range that they've been assigned. The
> only problem doing it this way is if they change smtp server IPs you'll
> need to change your rules. I would do this with qmail if I were you.

I agree, and zynkx, I can't tell you how to do this with qmail because I'm a
sendmail person.   Do what Jeff suggests and look at the qmail documentation,
and if it's not clear ask on a qmail list.

I really think you should not try doing this by IP address because those may
change and you won't find out until things start going wrong.

> Antony:
>
> It sounds like you have the "We're behind schedule and you got to get
> this done before the holidays blues!"

Not quite - the satellite link got installed very suddenly (phone call Friday,
two men and a long ladder on Monday...) and we now have a month to evaluate
it and see if it's a suitable replacement for the leased line - so I have to
get as much of it working as possible so people can test it properly.

Antony.

--
The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.

 - Oscar Wilde

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.