Re: (no subject)

antony:

the only reason why i am doing this is because i am
blocking all incoming connectios to my box except
portuguese connections. i manage to get all the
portuguese ip ranges, put the forward chain to drop
and a accepted all the sources i want to get
connections from. this way i will only be accepting
connetions from portugal, since that the ammount of
users i administrate is not enough for that machine to
be opened to the whole world.

there are in fact lots of users expecting mail to come
from those 2 most known smtps, so this forces me to
accept connectiosn from those domains :))

the way i see it, filtering with qmail doesn´t make
any sense, because what i want is not to filter but to
accept :)))

please call back to earth if this thoughts are not
quite right :))) i will be greatfull

thank you very much for your time and for your
words ;))

ZyNkz

Cópia Antony Stone <Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wednesday 26 November 2003 8:38 pm, zynkx
> wrote:
>
> > hi Ramin and tanx for your trouble ;))
> >
> > what i am looking for is the adresses from
> hotmail and
> > yahoo from wich smtp connections may come
> from :)
> >
> > i have a smtp running and i need to allow
> traffic
> > coming from these two, (hotmail and yahoo).
>
> I'm not quite sure why you want to accept email
> only from Hotmail and Yahoo,
> and from nowhere else (a lot of people I know
> do the exact opposite!),
> however I still think an easier solution to
> your erquirement is to accept all
> email through your firewall, and then accept
> only mail from Hotmail / Yahoo
> on your mail server - because that can select
> based on the sender's address,
> without needing to know the IPs of their mail
> servers (which may change one
> day without you knowing).
>
> Antony.
>
> --
> If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the
> evidence that you tried.
>

>      Please reply to the list;
>
>            please don't CC me.

unix is user friendly. it's just selective when
choosing
friends.

Email Enviado utilizando o serviço MegaMail