Re: (no subject)

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 8:38 pm, zynkx wrote:

> hi Ramin and tanx for your trouble ;))
>
> what i am looking for is the adresses from hotmail and
> yahoo from wich smtp connections may come from :)
>
> i have a smtp running and i need to allow traffic
> coming from these two, (hotmail and yahoo).

I'm not quite sure why you want to accept email only from Hotmail and Yahoo,
and from nowhere else (a lot of people I know do the exact opposite!),
however I still think an easier solution to your erquirement is to accept all
email through your firewall, and then accept only mail from Hotmail / Yahoo
on your mail server - because that can select based on the sender's address,
without needing to know the IPs of their mail servers (which may change one
day without you knowing).

Antony.

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.