RE: Broken ftp through iptables

Title: Broken ftp through iptables
The ls command is usually the data portion of the FTP connection.  Have you tried changing the mode to passive (or to active if you are already using passive)?
-----Original Message-----
From: Landon Chelf [mailto:landonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 8/26/2003 10:21 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Broken ftp through iptables

Hello,

I've ran into a recent problem both on rh8 and rh9 using iptables.  I've
setup my firewall to drop everything incomming and forward and am only
allowing certain ports to be open.  I've opened ftp (port 21 tcp) and I
can connect via FTP from one machine and authenticate, but when I issue
my first command like "ls" for instance the connection locks up and
won't do anything.  Is there a way to fix this?

Landon