External IP addresses on internal network

Hi all,

I recently updated my configuration by modifying one of my filter INPUT rules to specify source IPs coming in from the LAN:

iptables -t filter -A INPUT -p all -i $LAN_Interface -s $LAN_IP_Range -j Lan-Host

Packets not meeting this condition (among others) are logged and dropped. The intent is to catch any internal packets coming from an external IP address. No sooner did I load this rule when I started logging packets with an AOL IP address coming from the LAN interface going to port 53. I have a small LAN with only a handful of PCs which I configured myself, so I'm a bit puzzled.

Have I configured this wrong? Several users connect to AOL through the firewall so that's a possible cause, but I don't know why an AOL program would spoof IPs. Thoughts?