Re: RedHat 8.0 upgrade problem 1.2.8

My problem is mostly solved, and I wanted to post the resolution for the benefit of others who might troll the archives someday.

Something about the "service iptables restart" command tripped up the modules.  I re-installed the old 1.2.6a version using rpm --oldpackage -Uvh <rpm file here> and rebooted and I was back in business.  I suppose that someone more familiar with kernel modules could have avoided a reboot.

My next step is to re-upgrade using the RPM, but I won't enter "service iptables restart".  Instead, I'll just run my standard firewall shell script.