Strange Occurrences

Hi,

Ive got a mail server which has been able to connect and exchange mail with
one of our clients mail server for quite a while but now out of the blue it
cant seem to connect to any service on there server, even though I can ping
it.

What makes it even stranger is that I use this mailserver to masquerade to
all my local workstations.
Now from my workstation I am able to connect to the desired mailserver
"telnet mailserver 25",  where I cant do this
from the server...

Below is what my iptables chains look like? does anybody have any Idea what
the problem might be?

Thanks,
Ilo Lorusso.

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE  all  --  10.0.0.0/28          anywhere