RE: How to load modules needed by iptables?

>  How to load modules needed by iptables?
>
>     While setup iptables firewall,I met a strange question.
>     I learned the following scripts frome the famous Iptables tutorail
>     wirtten by Oscar Andreasson.
>     If I input the following scripts ,and run it in a bash file.
>   ****************************
>
>  /sbin/modprobe ip_tables
> /sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack
> /sbin/modprobe iptable_filter
> /sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle
> /sbin/modprobe iptable_nat
> /sbin/modprobe ipt_LOG
> /sbin/modprobe ipt_limit
> /sbin/modprobe ipt_state
> and the message on the screen is :

I don?t think your module names you have listed are correct. If I'm not
mistaken these modules load on demand as you make the associated call.
Ie -t nat will automatically load the nat module.
If you insist on loading them manually go look them up.
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter.  If they are not listed
here then the modules have not been compiled with your kernel. Check the
kernel HOW-TO on how to do this.