Re: /proc/net/ip_conntrack filling without ipt_conntrack.o loaded?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 04:49:14PM +0100, Filip Sneppe wrote:
> If *all* your traffic is essentially asymetric in
> nature, you'de be better off not using ip_conntrack at all...

Yes, thought so, too. - The question that I was trying to ask in this
thread was, why the /proc/net/ip_conntrack is filled by the kernel
although I *already did* remove the module!

I would have guessed that just after I removed the ipt_conntrack module
and all the sub modules (ipt_conntrack_ftp, nat etc) the
/proc/net/ip_conntrack would either vanish or at least return nothing
because the code at the other end of the virtual device has gone.

But apparently it did not go away so I suspected a kernel function that
was fogotten to free or similar...

bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller