RE: msn voice chat

Forgot to post this.  I point you to what Harold recommended back when I
first started.

http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2002-April/007420.h
tml

And other than google, it's been a while.  How would I search for this?
I tried google and came up with nothing.  I'd like to look at this
patch, although this would only solve the SIP problem right?  Is RTP in
there as well?  Even if this did fix the problem it only fixes it for
SIP programs, which may be all you care about.  But like I said, the
overhead of this on something like a 386 to do all that translation,
especially when the ip address is never in the same place, that's a lot
of text matching to do for something like a high speed video and voice
conversation while running a remote assistance, or something of the
like.

UPnP is just another solution to the problem, that happens to solve a
lot of other problems with clients that are UPnP aware at the same time.
(And being a sysadmin myself, I must say a lot easier to set up than
recompiling your kernel with these experimental helpers).  But then I'm
thinking of the users and myself on that one ;-)

Cheers.