RE: HELP: Conntrack table filling up !!!

There are ways in which pings (ICMP packets) can fill up conntrack
tables quickly. Are you running into problems with ICMP traffic only or
with any traffic ? e.g. look at /proc/net/ip_conntrack . Is it filled up
with ICMP traffic connections only ? If so, you might want to protect
your linux box from malformed ICMP packets, by DROPping all such packets
in the "filter" table.

Ranjeet Shetye
Senior Software Engineer
Zultys Technologies