RE: msn voice chat

--- Glover George <dime@gulfsales.com> wrote:
> I'd like
> to look at this
> patch, although this would only solve the SIP
> problem right?  Is RTP in
> there as well?

You would have to take a look at the patch. I'm not
really a developer. More like just a plain old
sysadmin. I think that you should bring this
discussion onto the netfilter-devel list, as I am not
sure if cronos (Filip Sneppe is his real name I
believe) reads this list.

> UPnP is just another solution to the problem, that
> happens to solve a
> lot of other problems with clients that are UPnP
> aware at the same time.
> (And being a sysadmin myself, I must say a lot
> easier to set up than
> recompiling your kernel with these experimental
> helpers).  But then I'm
> thinking of the users and myself on that one ;-)

I didn't really run into too much trouble when
applying patch-o-matic to my kernel for some reason. I
read all these people having problems, yet all I did
was to get the vanilla source from kernel.org (like
the docs said) and then I applied the pom to it and
enabled all kinds of extra functionality to test a few
things out. Then I recompiled iptables and voila... it
just worked.

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>