Too many ARP entries and Re: sendto: No buffer space available

Hi, I am writting to answer myself and send a new question to the list.
I've had problems in my NAT/PPPoE box, with traffic stopping suddenly
and then coming back in a few seconds and I've found that my neighbour
table was getting full. When it is full, no new ARP entries can be
created and no new traffic can happen. Now I encreased this values:

echo 512 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh1
echo 2048 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh2
echo 4096 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/default/gc_thresh3

But  there  is  still a question for me. Looking at my arp table, I
see that there are =~ 150 entries, seconds passing and more entries
coming, 20 seconds after I can have =~1100, it goes on until it reachs
=~2200  entries,  then it goes back to the =~100 and starts over again.

I  have  less  then  50  NAT users. Is it normal to have some many ARP
entries with this variation? Looking the ARP table I see my "Internet"
interface with lots of entries, with internet host IP addresses and my
gateway's NIC MAC address.

Isn't ARP supposed to keep entries just to local network systems?

Is it all normal? And if so, how big can gc_threash[1,2,3] be?

tks in advance.

Andre
andre.correa@pobox.com