Re[2]: sendto: No buffer space available

Hi list and Bob, my netstat -n shows nothing unusual:

root@mybox:~# netstat -n
Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0     20 xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:22       yy.yy.yy.yy:1105        ESTABLISHED
Active UNIX domain sockets (w/o servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  24     [ ]         DGRAM                    57     /dev/log
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    7051
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    4997
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    4928
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2820
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2730
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2690
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2650
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2550
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2500
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2460
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2330
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2240
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2200
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2134
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2081
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2041
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2001
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1921
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1909
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1765
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1757
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    60

that is it...

tks

Andre

On 02/12/02, Bob Keyes wrote:
BK> What does netstat -n show you?
BK> I have seen this error when there are thousands of TCP connections open at
BK> the same time (this was using the 'naptha' DoS demonstration tool I
BK> wrote).

BK> On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 andre.correa@pobox.com wrote:

>> Hi list,
>>
>> I  have  a  Linux  2.4.19  box  doing NAT, PPPoE, Traffic Shapping and
>> Firewalling.  It  is  a  2xPIII  733MHz with 512Mb RAM. Everything was
>> working  just  fine  until 5 or 6 days ago we started having some strange
>> behavior.
>>
>> Under  moderate  traffic,  15  to  20  NAT users, we find that traffic
>> suddenly  stops  for 10 or 15 seconds and then comes back. During this
>> periods  I've  figured  out  that  if I ping my interfaces or Internet
>> addresses I get:
>>
>> sendto: No buffer space available
>> ping: sent 64 octets to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, ret=-1
>>
>> I've  made  lots  of  searchs  in  mailling lists, Internet and in the
>> kernel  source  but couldn't work on it.
>>
>> Can you guys help me to solve this problem?
>>
>> tks in advance for your help and attention.
>>
>> Andre
>> andre.correa@pobox.com

Andre Correa
andre.docena@pobox.com