RE: NAT66 : A first implementation

People will use IPv6 NAT if they perceive its benefits outweigh its
costs.

Its costs will be significant. All that connection state tracking will
translate to more hardware. Managing multiple, possibly overlapping,
private network address spaces will mean more administrative headaches.

The benefit, hiding IPv6 address of hosts and routers in internal
networks, is I suspect less tangible. NAT in of itself doesn't provide
enough security to be relied upon solely, so you need firewalls in any
case. And unlike IPv4, you can't argue that you have to use NAT because
of lack of address space.

I think maybe we will get lucky. The bean counters may well keep the
specter of IPv6 NAT at bay. 8^)