Re: Netfilter Module for NAT IVI available

Not that I've really been following the thread.
But I think that this sort of functionality should most likely be
developed as a virtual (tun/tap/veth/sit) style tunnel-like device.

You would use ipv4/ipv6 routing in the normal kernel to direct traffic
out this virtual interface, and immediately ipv6/ipv4 traffic would
come back out of it.

This should allow all the rest of the kernel (including connection
tracking) to function normally - although of course every connection
would be registered in an unrelated way twice (once as v4, once as
v6).

I think this has nice 'black box' semantics.