Re: Netfilter Module for NAT IVI available

Le jeudi 05 mai 2011 Ã 03:18 +0200, Pierre Rondou a Ãcrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm currently a student at the University of LiÃge. As part of my master
> thesis, I have to develop a Linux kernel module for IVI (
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6219/ ).
>
> I now consider my module as finished (i.e, all functionalities are
> implemented) and publish it.
>
> It is available on sourceforge:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/nativi/
>
> Feel free to test it and report to me any bug, bad implementation,
> error, ...
>
> If you believe that this module can be included is the Linux Kernel or
> in the Xtables-addons framework, I'll be glad and will help you in this
> task.
>

> I have tested my module inside the Xtables-addons framework (version
> 1.32) on a debian squeeze (6.0.1) linux with a 2.6.32-5  kernel (i686).
>
> Because of the lack of "EXPORT_SYMBOL" in the kernel, I had to
> copy-paste several functions from the kernel into the
> nativi_kernel_code.c file in order to use some features already
> available in the kernel (ip_finish_output, ip6_output, icmp_send).
>
> Documentation is provided in the source code, if you have any question
> don't hesitate to ask me.

Hi Pierre

1) Are you sure netfilter is the right place for this IVI feature ?
   (fact that you had to copy/paste ~1300 lines of code from kernel
might show that this would be better to use a module hooked into
forwarding stack ?)

2) How this can integrate a {conntrack enabled} firewall ?