Re: EXPORT_SYMBOL missing in the kernel?

Hello Jan,

I appreciate your help !

This problem is not related with the problem I had at this moment.

The "old" problem was about an output problem with ip6_local_out. I was at this time on an old debian testing (between lenny and squeeze) and the update to "complete" squeeze solved the problem, so I thought that it was a problem related to my OS situation.

Now that you say that, I have realized that ip6_local_out (which I don't use anymore, I use ip6_output) was creating kernel panic when asked to send an IPv6 packet with a size higher than the link mtu, should have talked about it earlier though.

The little complain about NATIVI (http://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg18248.html) was that no kernel / Xtables developers told me they wanted the module inside the kernel/Xtables or even sent me a remark about it and therefore could take care about the missing "EXPORT_SYMBOL". This module is developed inside Xtables and therefore doesn't need to recompile a kernel.

While I'm sending you an e-mail, I may contribute to your very interesting "Writing Netfilter modules" ebook. I had to deal with checksums changes/update in both IPv4 and IPv6 and may contribute to this section (5.7) if you still need someone to :-).

Regards,

Pierre