Re: rules matching ipv6 prefix addrs

On 04.11.2010 03:12, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 11/03/2010 06:52 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>>
>> I take it you mean a setup where addresses are automatically assigned
>> (DHCPv6, PPP).
>>

> DHCPv6, PPP, RA, anything.  Keep in mind that "expect prefix changes" is
> a deliberate part of the IPv6 systems design.

Do we have a way to identify the prefix(es) in question for the ruleset?
IOW, do the userspace daemons replace the existing prefix or adds a new
one and removes the old one?

The kernel itself seems to make sure the autoconfigured local address
is always the first one on the interface. If userspace does the same
this should be pretty easy.